We've all heard a great deal about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the news and social media. We encourage you and your family to take precautions to both prevent getting sick and if you do get sick, spreading the virus further.
Coronavirus testing: NGL/Wellfleet will cover COVID-19 testing (including ER, urgent care, telemedicine and office visits) similar to a preventive benefit for fully insured plans, waiving co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance for customers when treated in-network.
- Any states requiring additional measures will be handled accordingly
Coronavirus treatment: Covered based on the specific plan benefits.
Coronavirus immunization: Not yet available
Since there is no vaccine to prevent Coronavirus, the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to it.
You can take the following steps to reduce your chances of becoming sick:
Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
Below are links to more information and details about prevention actions for you and your family. If you or a family member feel ill, are running a temperature higher than 99 degrees, have aches, pains, nausea, chronic cough or extreme fatigue, it is best to see your health care professional as soon as possible.
For information about handwashing: https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/
For information specific to healthcare: https://www.cdc.gov/handhygiene/index.html
CDC's specific guidance for travelers: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/warning/novel-coronavirus-china
US State Department: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel.html
We're here to help. We understand there is a lot of uncertainty right now. If you would like to speak to one of our call center representatives, please contact us at 800-765-4990.